Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Popsicle Weather




It has been very hot here recently, and this allows Emma to indulge in two of her favorites, one old and one new; popsicles and dresses. We are reading the Little House series, and she has decided she wants to be Mary. Really now, who doesn't? Ahhh...but in reality she is so like Laura it makes me smile while we read. Every morning she selects a new dress from her extensive collection (a very timely gift of used clothes from a parent at Sam's school). She especially likes her "calico" dresses. The other day on the way to the park to meet some friends she said, "Miles can be Almanzo and I'll be Laura. Oh shoot...we need to get a gun."

She brought popsicles out back the other day. I started to share mine with Delaney. It was quickly taken over by the little dictator. It made her instantly happy and then completely miserable. I wish I had a video of it. She grabbed it in both hands and sucked the juice out of it like her life depended on it. Clinging to it the cold began to be a problem, but she wouldn't put it down or let me take it. She cried and cried, and I finally I couldn't stand her misery, so I took it away. No more popsicles for that girl.

No comments: