Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Summer








We are enjoying summer and the new house. The girls have adjusted well and love the bigger space. We have been swimming at my mom's pool. It is so warm this year, and the girls love it.
Emma is into some alone time with me. What's new? The other night while putting her to bed, she told me I could go. I joked, "Are you trying to get rid of me?" She laughed and patted my arm endearingly and said, "I'd never get rid of you." Whew! What a sweet girl. She has been making up songs. The latest overheard by Sam, "I don't have to do what my mom and dad is telling me to do." It could be an opera!! She hates brushing her hair, going to bed, and naps. She loves something sugary, reading chapter books, her new bunny bed, snuggling, twirly dresses, and barbeque sauce on everything.






















Delaney is enjoying throwing things into the toilet and then fishing them out. That thing in her hands there, yup, that went for a swim. You'd think a toilet lock would be strong enough to keep the persistent out, but you'd be wrong. She's also throwing things into the shower while I am in there. Why are they always electronic devices?? She is climbing furniture, destroying library books, eating unpleasant things off the ground, going down large slides at the park by herself, and generally keeping me on my toes. That girl lives life-full tilt!! Her newest words are helmet, bike, and bite. She loves watermelon, oatmeal and avocado. She has a throaty little laugh that is very endearing.

























No comments: