Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Busy Girls


It has been so long since I have written anything about what the girls have been up to. It feels impossible to catch up, but I will try. They are both such busy girls...always up to 1000 things, and never at a loss for something to entertain themselves. They rarely ask me to play, and their friendship is really blossoming and lovely to watch...most of the time.

Emma has been home this week with pink eye, a cold, a fever and a double ear infection. The funny thing is that it has been nice to have her home. She has been doing endless projects with pencil and paper. She wrote letters to 3 of her friends, made little American flags, scootered around the house,drew pictures, planned some science reports she wants to do for school, organized her books into non-fiction and fiction, made a hilarious sign to stop dogs from pooping on our lawn, and on and on. Everything seems possible to her, and she is so enthusiastic that you just have to smile. Tonight she discussed with me how some people think monkeys evolved into humans. I wish I had a recording of it. She is a voracious reader. Together we read all 25 of the library books we checked out the other day in one sitting. She read a few to me as well. Her love for books came in very handy at her Dr. appt the other day when we had 3 vaccinations to do. I just read to her, holding the book to block her view of the injection. She didn't even flinch, and I tried it today with Delaney with the same wonderful results. She has learned to ride her bicycle without training wheels, and loves to ride to school on the mornings when we are not running late. She is pining to lose a tooth like everyone else in her class, and in such a hurry to be big, in first grade. It is all going much too fast for me. I can hardly remember her little self, sweaty head, snuggling close, nursing to sleep.


Delaney is a busy girl as well. She loves water and soap, and toothpaste and water, and water and water. When I hear water running in the bathroom I know it is a bad sign. She loves our cat Hopper much more fiercely and often than he would like. I come to his rescue periodically during the day. She has just begun to draw pictures, many legged things, like little bugs and spiders. She seems to favor her left hand, so it appears I do have some genes in there playing a part. She is funny and loves a good joke. She also loves being naked. The other day I came into a completely rearranged living room, and to Emma shouting, "Welcome to the circus!" This involved jumping from the chair to the ottoman and back to the couch. Delaney, of course, was a naked little daredevil. She is not a baby (such a terrible insult)!! And she is very much looking forward to turning 3.

1 comment:

Four Flights said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog Adrienne! I appreciate it and glad you enjoyed the pancakes :)