


She comes into the room having removed her clothes and I say to her, "Why are you naked?"
She yells, "I like to be hideous!" "What is hideous?" she says with a smile.
She is eating watermelon which she has been begging me for. She says, "Watermelon makes your bottom puffy. So it won't quite fit in your underwear."
We are talking about how a long time ago people had a noon meal called dinner and an evening meal called supper and how we have lunch and dinner. She is trying to make sense of this. She makes a guess, "Scientist just didn't know what to call it." She gets this from the Brontosaurus/Apatosaurus debacle. I think.
Sam tells Emma that he needs to brush her teeth after she has a turn. She said emphatically, "I wish they hadn't invented grown-ups doing it!"

1 comment:
Ha! She is a smart cookie.
I am glad you are blogging. :)
Post a Comment