
I was really sad when we moved from the back house, which you can just catch a glimpse of in the middle of the photo to the right of the pomegranate, to the front house for a lot of reasons. One of the biggest reasons was that we had finally gotten the back house and yard really nice. Some stuff wasn't even nice until we rented it. It is so silly how you will make stuff nice for other people, but not yourself. I guess life just gets so busy. Anyway, we haven't waited so long to work on making this house more enjoyable. Sam spent his spring break tearing out the old grass and building raised beds. The yard was overgrown and unloved. Until now. This bed has carrot, radish, and swiss chard seeds planted, as well as cilantro, egglplant, and a tomato. It is nice to be growing things again. Eventually, Sam wants to plant and espalier a fruit tree to the right of the window along the fence, which would be a great space saver in this yard.

This is our new table that provides us with some much needed shade. We love to eat outside, especially in the summer when it is hot. I think we will live out here this summer!

Here is the other raised bed that Sam put in. It has bell peppers, tomatoes, parsley,sugar snap peas, and chives. Our compost is happening very slowly in the back. It doesn't get as much love as it should, because...Hey, I've got kids to take care of. I can't be fussing over this pile!

I really love this bed and it's curves. It has strawberries and some jasmine there, which I am hoping does a nice job filling the fence in. I love this window. It was part of an old dilapidated door in the back house. I am so glad we salvaged it.

Sam surprised us and planted two blueberry bushes. I have great hope that they do well. They look happy now, and even have a few unripe berries. I was a bit sad we didn't do anything much while Sam was off, but I am so glad he worked so hard out here. We enjoy it every day, and I just love waking up and heading out to see what is happening in the yard!
2 comments:
It looks so lovely! Makes me want to go out and garden NOW! Your marigolds survived the heat... most of mine didn't, at least, I think they are dying as their leaves have dried out and they look woeful. And I even watered twice on those 100 degree days!
Such a beautiful yard. Sam sounds terrific. My husband doesn't care to garden very much, so it's pretty much left up to me. ;)
Post a Comment