Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Latest News

Emma continues to be enthralled with ancient Egyptian history. We have read lots of books on mummies, Egyptian culture, and the pyramids. What is the best way to celebrate our interest? This summer we are all looking forward to going to see the King Tut exhibit in San Francisco. Today we had an inspired moment...inspired by my desire to stop the girls from fighting with each other for 5 minutes, so we made Egyptian costumes. They had a great time goofing around and jumping on the bed. Sam titled this picture Egyptian Gothic. He's funny like that.

Here are the girls after they have commandeered Sam's portion of the salad. Emma loves veggies, but very often will not eat salad, and Delaney...it's anyone's guess what she will eat from meal to meal, so I was happy to see her eating this.

Emma is done with preschool for the summer, and went to an assessment for her kindergarten admission this fall. I can't believe we are here already! She loves to read with me, ride her scooter like the wind, and play with her friends. She seems to be excited about starting school, and turning 5. Everything is set to happen when she is five. "I will have sleepovers, put my face underwater, etc. when I am five." She wants a pyramid cake for her birthday. Yikes!

Delaney is a whirlwind as usual. She loves being with Emma. She also loves doing things her way. These two things often cause them to be at odds. She is no shrinking violet! She is using the potty and talking up a storm. She loves dessert, climbing, and finding out how things work. I recently weaned her and she has done quite well. She often talks about it at nap or bedtime saying, "Not nursin'." "Just 'nuggle." And then she laughs and says, "Just knuckle," pointing to her knuckles and thrilled by her joke. She will give kisses if you are hurt, and often shows great compassion for someone so young. She has a couple of funny words that are a combination of other similar words. The pecans on my cereal became leprechauns after St. Patrick's Day. Tonight in the shower she said, "Ice cream," pointing to my shampoo bottle. I realized it was the CREAM rinse. Yogurt=yoga.

We are looking forward to the girls birthdays and a little time off this summer with Sam. If we can sneak in a camping trip or two, that would be great!

3 comments:

WoolPets said...

Thanks for sharing all the charming stories about your children- they sound absolutely delightful and very witty! Especially the younger one with her word puns - too cute!

The Magic Onions said...

I am so excited... I found Emma a present for her birthday! Hint... she can dress up in her Egyptian finery to play with it...

Debi said...

When will you post again???????